It’s hard to remember what the world was like without the widespread use of the Internet. In 1995, less than 1 percent of the world’s population had Internet access. Today, it is estimated that 40 percent of the developing world uses the Internet on a regular basis.
While that may not seem like a lot, consider this: it took until 2005 to reach the first billion in terms of how many people have Internet access. The second billion was reached only five years later in 2010, and it jumped to three billion in even less time than that.
Doctors, dentists, and medical professionals – if these statistics don’t jump out at you, they should. Your patients are not only on the Internet more than ever before, but they also most likely have multiple smartphones, touch pads, and computers to get there. Are you out there for them to find?
It’s Not Just About Having a Website
While having a medical marketing website that promotes you and your medical practice puts you one step ahead of those who have no online presence at all, that’s still just one step. You may think your current website looks pretty good, but ask yourself these questions:
- Does it display and interact normally when viewed on a mobile device?
- When you Google search yourself or your practice, does it show up in one of the top spots on the first page of results?
- Are you and your patients able to access your site all day, every day?
- Is the content on your site 100 percent unique?
- If you are active on social media, are your accounts easily accessible through your website?
- Reflect your unique style and design
- Respond on all mobile devices
- Be accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Feature content that is completely unique to your practice and cannot be found anywhere else on the Internet
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization to improve your ranking in Google searches
It’s Not a Fad
The Internet is not a passing trend, and the longer you wait to build your online presence, the further behind your practice becomes in effectively finding, serving and keeping patients. There will never be a time where having a professionally-designed, mobile-responsive, SEO-friendly website is irrelevant, and getting one for your medical practice is not rocket science – it’s just a phone call away.
At Crystal Clear, we can take your practice’s website from one step ahead to the top tier. Contact us today to find out more about how we can be your practice’s solution in a social world. We’d love to hear from you!