Gone are the days when the Yellow Pages and phone books were the best way to find the services you were looking for. Today it’s all about the Internet and finding what you are looking for on search engines, and even if you know very little about how search engines work, you know that it’s important for you to show up on one. But how do you get there? Three words: SEO for surgeons.
Whether you’re new to SEO, or search engine optimization, or if you have already done your research on how it works, there are always ways you can improve your rankings. And with Google constantly changing its rules, it’s an SEO best practice to have someone in your corner who can help you make sure you’re with the tide and not against it. Crystal Clear Digital Marketing can help – call us today and find out how SEO for surgeons can bring your practice into the 21st century.
What to Know about SEO for Surgeons
You’re kind of a big deal. Everyone in your area knows that you are the best at what you do, and you probably have a lot of traffic in your waiting room from word of mouth alone. But how do you gain that same notoriety with your digital presence? And how do you stay ahead of your top competitors? SEO for surgeons can make the difference between being #1 and not even showing up on the first page of Google at all, let alone the second or the third. It’s not enough to just have an active website, and Crystal Clear is here to help you navigate the billions of other medical websites and position you where you want to be.
- Be Realistic with Your Geolocation. Everyone wants to be #1 for CoolSculpting worldwide or even nationwide, but SEO for surgeons is about setting realistic goals for what locations you are trying to target. Our SEO specialists are here to help you interpret the analytics for your area and help you determine the best course of action for what cities to target. Once you achieve these goals, you can branch out and go bigger, but at the start, it’s a good idea to conquer your area one step at a time.
- Push Your Top Services. Don’t be ashamed of the services you do best in your area! Whether it’s your most popular services or the biggest moneymakers for your practice, identifying and optimizing your medical marketing website for your top services is a great idea for your marketing strategy.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Paid Advertising. If you use social media for personal purposes, then you know the “suggested ads” that pop up on your timeline, seemingly out of nowhere? Or the ads that are always at the top of the search results on Google? This could be you! Investing in paid advertising, especially if you are a new practice, can help boost your visibility and help you find your target market online.
How Does SEO for Surgeons Work?
Okay, so how does search engine optimization work? An in-depth explanation would have to delve into the specifics behind Google’s algorithm and technological reasoning, so we’ll keep it at a very basic level. Search engine optimization is what helps you get found on search engines, and there is a science behind it but the great news is that all it takes is a little bit of know-how, strategy, patience, and time to get on the first page.
The Know-How and Strategy of SEO for Surgeons
Getting the leading edge on your competitors takes planning and knowing what people are searching for in your area. Google Analytics can help you determine where you’re at and where your top competitors are from a search engine perspective, but if you’re not savvy with this program, no worries – our digital marketing specialists at Crystal Clear can manage this for you and work with you to make sure your current SEO strategy is working for you.
The Patience and Time of SEO for Surgeons
When it comes to SEO, the know-how and strategy are the easy parts. What’s not so easy is the time it takes to rank on organic search and the patience necessary to see the results of your SEO efforts. Let’s take a moment to differentiate between the different types of search engine rankings:
- Organic search refers to how you rank on search engines without the added boost of paid advertising. How you do on organic search refers strictly to how relevant Google thinks your medical marketing website is in relation to the other medical websites in your geolocation that offer the same services. It can take around six months or more to begin really seeing the results of your SEO strategy, and it’s not going to happen overnight.
- Paid search, also referred to as pay-per-click or PPC, relates to the paid search engine advertising that we discussed earlier. Paid searches are always going to put you at or near the top because that’s what these particular ads are designed to do, and they work much more quickly than organic search. The costs and timelines associated with PPC for surgeons vary, so give our SEO/SEM team a call today and find out what we can set up for you!
What Happens if You Don’t Get SEO for Surgeons?
It’s easy to overlook SEO as part of your digital marketing strategy, but not taking the time to either handle your SEO yourself or have someone assist you in implementing the strategy will be absolutely detrimental to your digital presence. There is no guesswork here – without a solid SEO for surgeons strategy, your website will get buried in search engine results, and if you have ever used a search engine yourself, you know that most people do not look past the first page of Google for what they’re looking for.
SEO for Surgeons is Just a Phone Call Away!
Are you ready to bring your practice into the 21st century with SEO for surgeons? We can help get you started and steer your medical marketing website where it needs to be to help you find, serve, and keep your patients profitably!
Contact Crystal Clear Digital Marketing today! We look forward to hearing from you!