Today’s plastic surgeons know that they must have an engaging website to entice new patients to their practice. And to lead more visitors to your website, you need to stay on top of the latest strategies for SEO for plastic surgeons.
The bottom line is that when someone in your local area performs an online search for a plastic surgeon, you want yours to be at the top of the search results. There are many ways you can improve the SEO for your office; below are just some of the ways you can attract more potential customers to your website.
Tips for Effective SEO for Plastic Surgeons
Make Sure Your Practice Has a Responsive Website
Many people who are looking for a plastic surgeon in their local area perform online searches from their mobile device. So it’s imperative that you make your website mobile-friendly, which means that anyone viewing your website on any device will be able to read the text easily and clearly view all the images.
If you don’t have a website developer in-house, be sure to only work with a professional that specializes in responsive website design. A mobile-friendly website stands a far better chance of reaching potential new customers.
Here are a few considerations:
- Break up your services pages – Breaking up your services into individual landing pages allows the Google algorithm to have a better understanding of what each page is about. Google also responds well to a large quantity of content that is high-quality and useful to visitors.
- Use targeted local marketing – Website visitors want to know who you are, what services you provide, and where to find you. To be locally optimized, use a phone number with a local area code, have the address of your business on each page, and have a robust internal link configuration so that Google spiders can crawl the pages.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) on every page of your website – Potential customers sometimes need to be hand-fed the information concerning your business. A CTA at the end of each page will provide them with the contact information they need for them to take the next step to contact your office.
- Include some personal touches – These personal touches can help set your website apart from the competition. An example is uploading a video biography that includes you and your staff members to help personalize a potential customer’s experience. Video testimonials from your satisfied patients are also a great way to help boost your credibility as a plastic surgeon.
- Keep blog posts regular – Consistent blogging is another way to elevate the performance of SEO for plastic surgeons and persuade more people to contact your office. It can include educational information that explains your services or provides healthcare tips. You can blog about the benefits of cosmetic enhancements, the latest procedures, or what to expect after a procedure.
- Investigate the best keywords for your business – The right keywords can positively improve your SEO ranking. So it’s important for you to research keywords that best describe your practice, particularly the unique services your office provides. Choosing the best keywords and ranking for them can help your plastic surgery practice to stand out from the others in your area.
- Optimize meta descriptions and title tags – These provide a preview of what potential customers will see on your website, so they should be written in a way that will persuade prospects to visit your website. To do this effectively, you have to include the proper keywords in the first half of both the title and meta description. An interesting meta description can sometimes be all you need to get someone to visit your site for more information.
- Create and maintain external links to your site – External links contribute to your professional image as a plastic surgeon. When visitors click on your external links, they should be redirected to a trustworthy, well-maintained website. These external links should add value to the content on your website, and be well-researched and approved by you.
Get Listed On Local Directories to Boost SEO
Crafting effective directory listings on major sites is a great way to boost your SEO efforts. These include, but are not limited to, Yelp, Yahoo! Local, Yellow Pages and Bing.
The rankings associated with these local listings are controlled by different variables that are unique to traditional SEO for plastic surgeons. One of the most powerful of these factors is citations, which is a mechanical term for the mention of your practice’s name, address and phone number.
Google uses these to measure the credibility of a local business, so if your business has more accurate citations throughout the web, you’ll improve your chances of Google positioning your business higher in their local search listings.
Get Listed On Medical Directories to Improve SEO
Being listed on traditional local directories is a simple way to begin improving SEO for plastic surgeons, but you can take this a step further by researching opportunities to get listed on directories related to the field and medical services. Because these directories are closely associated with surgery, Google will assign a higher value to these citations. In addition to the local SEO significance your site will enjoy from the citations and backlinks offered by these directories, these listings often deliver direct traffic to a website.
Create and Maintain a Strong Social Media Presence
You may not be aware that social media is taking part in a more important role in SEO and how it influences ranking in the various search engines. There’s little doubt that brands that maintain a strong social presence across numerous platforms also enjoy greater visibility in Google searches.
A good place to start combining your SEO for plastic surgeons and social media is to get your business recognized on a few of the most renowned networks available. When your presence has been established, the next step is to make a connection with related pages and profiles. When you engage with others and share quality content, you can slowly nurture a reputable social media presence that can have a direct influence on your SEO.
Produce Quality Content
Producing quality content is just as important (and perhaps also just as time-consuming) as social media marketing. Whether you’re utilizing patient testimonials, before and after photos, informational blog posts, videos or infographics, quality content provides an abundance of value to your comprehensive SEO and internet marketing program.
Also referred to as content marketing, this practice helps support the various channels in the following ways:
- SEO: Keeping your site loaded up with fresh, new, keyword-relevant content will only improve your site’s SEO potential. Looking at it from a search engine perspective, fresh content indicates that a site is worthy of frequent crawling and indexing – something that is very helpful for your ongoing SEO efforts.
- Social Media: Providing timeless content that is produced internally offers a great vehicle for sharing information with your social media audience. This content acts as an important asset to traffic coming to your site from various social platforms.
- Branding: Defining your practice as an expert in your field by creating valuable content that resonates with your target audience can be of great assistance when referring them to specific articles throughout your site.
- Network with Other Related Surgical Professionals: You can take your digital marketing efforts offline by attending networking events with other related professionals. Many times, fortifying relationships with other surgeons and medical specialists can expose many more opportunities.
Get Started with SEO for Plastic Surgeons
In summary, remember that you need to create the most engaging and appealing website possible while informing prospects about everything they need to know regarding your services. While these tips can help get you started on improving your SEO for plastic surgeons, the best way to ensure you are getting the most out of your efforts is to work with professionals.
Our team at Crystal Clear Digital Marketing can help. Boosting your SEO for plastic surgeons can get your website in front of as many prospective new patients as possible. Contact us today to learn more about how our services can benefit you!