Every second, approximately 40,000 people use Google to find information online. Many of those people are searching for local plastic surgery practitioners just like you. However, if you want to connect with those clients, you’ll need a quality website. Having a website gives your plastic surgery practice the professional image it deserves. A website also inspires trust and confidence in a potential patient.
If your website doesn’t generate as many clients as it used to, you might have an older website that doesn’t conform to modern web standards for responsive design and mobile device support. Allow us to explain why having a modern, responsive plastic surgery website is so important for your practice.
I’ve Claimed My Practice’s Pages on Yelp and Facebook, Isn’t That Enough?
Becoming active on social media and business directories is a great way to create awareness about your plastic surgery practice, but it doesn’t replace having a website. Here’s why:
- Many customers search for more information on local businesses via business directories such as Yelp. Yelp’s database of local businesses is very comprehensive — and people love to read reviews from previous customers before committing to buying from any local company. When people get serious about buying, though, they’re going to want to visit your website for up-to-date information about your prices and services. They’ll also want to see before and after photos of your previous patients.
- If your plastic surgery website has more text content, Google will have more keywords to scan for when indexing your site. The more keywords you have, the greater chance it’ll appear among the results for a greater variety of searches. This is why having an updated blog is so important. The best place for blog posts and informational articles is your own official website.
- Having an official website for your plastic surgery practice means that you’ll directly control one of the search results — most likely the very first result — when people search for your name online. Controlling as many of the search results for your business as possible is an important part of reputation management. If you control more first-page search results, it almost guarantees that your click rate will grow.
- When people search Google for local businesses, Google features some businesses on a map at the top of the results page. One of the factors influencing the ability of your plastic surgery practice to end up on that map is the number of online sources that agree on the correct address and phone number of your office. One of the most important sources that must display your office’s contact information is your own official website.
- Who should control the message that your plastic surgery practice presents to the public — you or someone else? You have a specific story that you want to tell your potential clients. The only way to ensure that you have complete control over your story is to ensure that it comes from your own website.
My Plastic Surgery Practice Already Has a Website, Do I Really Need a New One?
The best practices in website design have changed greatly over the past few years. More people use mobile phones to browse the web today than ever before. In fact, mobile devices now generate more than half of the traffic on the web. If your plastic surgery website is more than a few years old, it may not look correct on a small screen.
When a smartphone user views a desktop website, the text is often too small to read. The links and buttons are often also too small to tap. If the user zooms to make the text larger, parts of the page will no longer be on the screen.
Google understands the importance of mobile-friendly websites. In fact, a website that is mobile friendly receives a slight boost in search engine rankings. Google gives preferential treatment to mobile-friendly websites because mobile device users tend to quickly leave websites that don’t look as they should on small screens. If your plastic surgery website isn’t mobile friendly, more than half of your potential clients may leave without ever considering your services. Is that an expense you can afford?
But, I Already Have a Separate Version of My Plastic Surgery Website for Mobile Devices.
Mobile phones with the ability to browse the web aren’t new — the most popular websites have had mobile versions for years. However, the best practices for supporting mobile users aren’t the same as they once were. If your website redirects mobile users to a different domain — such as m.yoursite.com rather than just yoursite.com — it’s likely that mobile and desktop users do not see exactly the same pages. The mobile version of your website may omit certain text and images to improve loading times.
Having a separate mobile version of your plastic surgery website doesn’t only increase the support resources that your website requires — it may also be bad for your search engine rankings. In 2016, Google announced that it would soon begin using the mobile versions of websites as the primary sources of data when determining search rankings. Google planned to use desktop websites in its index only for websites without mobile versions. If you have a mobile website with less content than the desktop version of your website, it could actually harm your search engine rankings when Google transitions to its new, mobile-first index.
At Crystal Clear Digital Marketing, we believe that responsive web design is the best way to support desktop, tablet and phone users with the same website. A responsive website automatically changes the sizes and orientations of items on the page to fit any screen size — and all users see exactly the same content. A responsive website isn’t just what’s best for your search engine rankings — it’s also much easier to manage than a separate mobile website because you only need to publish new content once.
How Can Crystal Clear Digital Marketing Help my Plastic Surgery Practice Meet Its Online Marketing Goals?
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing is a full-service online marketing agency that does far more than simply create websites. In addition to building your plastic surgery website for you, we can handle your marketing campaigns and search engine optimization to deliver more clients to your practice. The following are just a few of the services that we offer:
- Website design: We build fast, beautiful and professional websites for plastic surgeons and other professionals within the medical field. Our websites utilize responsive design principles and always display perfectly on every device. If you already have a website, we can transfer your content to the new website.
- Search engine optimization: SEO is the practice of designing and structuring a website and its content for maximum possible search engine exposure. When we build your website, we’ll ensure that Google understands the subject matter of every page and indexes each one properly. Everything we do for you contributes to the ultimate goal of being number one on Google.
- Content marketing: Google loves active websites that regularly publish fresh content. Does your website have a blog yet? We can create one for you. If you lack the time to write content for your blog, our expert copywriters can fill your blog with targeted, relevant content that provides your website with consistent traffic from search engines. We can even create e-books, white papers and case studies explaining your clients’ plastic surgery options and describing their benefits. If it can be written, we can do it.
- Link earning: Links are the primary currency of the web. If a website has many inbound links from other websites, Google considers the website trustworthy and increases its rank. Inbound links are even more valuable if they come from other websites within the same industry. Crystal Clear Digital Marketing specializes in online marketing for the medical industry; we’ll help your website earn links from respected medical websites so you can rank well in competitive local searches.
- Online marketing: Free downloads such as white papers and case studies are excellent lead magnets. People will follow your plastic surgery practice on social media or sign up for your mailing list to receive those downloads — even if they aren’t ready to commit to a plastic surgeon yet. Once you’ve collected the contact information of a potential customer, you can continue marketing your services to that person. We’ll help you set up social media and email marketing campaigns that’ll keep people interested in your plastic surgery practice and turn leads into clients.
I Can’t Wait to Get Started! How Can I Discuss My Needs with Crystal Clear Digital Marketing Now?
Contact us now to get started with your digital marketing campaign. Call the number at the bottom of the page or complete the form to have a professional contact you. We look forward to becoming your new partner in online marketing.