If you are the owner of an aesthetic and wellness practice, a doctor, a plastic surgeon, the proprietor of a medical spa, a dentist or any other health professional, you may find it difficult to grasp the value and importance of social media marketing for doctors. Yet, social media marketing is a valuable and necessary tool that can help you reach your existing, potential and ideal customers. It is also fundamental when setting the range and the conception of your practice’s desired social media culture and tone. Make sure to work with the experts at Crystal Clear Digital Marketing in Orlando to get great results.
Social Media Marketing for Doctors and Other Health Professionals
While social media marketing is often associated mostly with companies, recently, aesthetics and wellness practices, medical offices, dentists, medical spas, plastic surgeons and other health-related professional firms have understood its importance and are engaging in social media marketing of their programs, treatments and/or services.
When someone searches for “Doctors in my city,” which names appear on the first page of the search engine results page (SERP)? What do you need to do so that your medical or wellness practice will appear there, and users click on your website’s title tag? SEO improves your organic search engine rankings, which makes it more likely that potential customers will land on your page and ultimately convert into your clients or patients.
Establishing a social media marketing campaign for medical professionals means a few different things:
• Analyzing the existing online footprint of your medical, aesthetic or wellness practice
• Taking a variety of actions to make your practice stand out from your competitors’
• After you have sustained your social media strategy successfully, you will reap the benefits of greater visibility – hence, more leads, customers, and growth.
Social media can be quite intimidating to many health and wellness professionals. But it can also be an accessible marketing tool that should not be disregarded or taken lightly. Social media also allows health professionals and any business that interacts with customers and patients the ability to spread the word about their medical practice. Whether you have been in this field for a long time or you are just starting out, social media offers you a way to increase your patient base, as well as keeping your current customers engaged and committed with your practice.
Keep in mind that these days, before a patient or client looks for a health professional, they search for information about their symptoms online and even reach their own diagnosis. If you do not offer your existing and future patients and clients interesting and relevant content, they will navigate to a place where they will find what they are looking for. And once there, they may be gone from you forever.
Many doctors are wary of the unknown and elect to remain silent across social media. Maybe they are thinking about liability or privacy concerns. Yet, with social media marketing for doctors, there are ways to strike a good balance of transparent communication while conforming to the necessary limitations of the industry.
The Basics of Social Media Marketing for Doctors and Wellness Professionals
The use of social media by doctors and other health and wellness professionals is still in its early stages. The medical and wellness industry is far less saturated online than other sectors, and as a health practitioner, it is possible for you to create an effective, scalable and profitable social media strategy that will result in far-reaching effects for your long-term victory.
If you are new at this game and feel that achieving online success is well above your head, have no fear! Crystal Clear Digital Marketing can help. Here are some basic ideas as to how to get started doing social media marketing for doctors:
• Start at the beginning – Set up accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook. These are the first steps to start building your online presence. Fill out all sections of the profiles on these networks to optimize them to the fullest.
• Get used to incorporating images as often as possible – These days, people pay much more attention to any information that is accompanied by a video or an image. Get into the habit of adding a visual component to all your posts. Just make sure the content is original to you and all images are not copyrighted before putting them up.
• Share what you know – Pull from your unique expertise and share relevant information about your field of knowledge. Join existing chats and groups that offer relevant discussions online and as soon as you feel comfortable, add your own knowledge-sharing center on social media to bring a new perspective to your followers and readers.
• Be accurate and relevant – With the amount of “fake news” we are bombarded with each day, it is not surprising that when it comes to the medical field, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Many times, consumers, clients, and patients feel confused and doubt the accuracy of medical information found online. Strive to be the voice of reason when sharing information about your particular field of expertise. Avoid interacting with shady accounts and connections. This could affect your credibility both now and in the long-term. Establish yourself as a credible, reliable source of information.
• Engage in actual conversations – One of the most unique aspects of social media is the ability to have actual conversations with colleagues, friends, followers and a variety of other contacts within your network. By engaging in conversations and asking questions, you are able to gather new insights while showing your human side. Not many of us are the absolute experts in any field, but everyone does have something worthwhile that should be shared. Poll your social media network in order to further establish your credibility as a respected and trustworthy wellness and health professional. The comments and feedback you receive might surprise you.
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing: Your Guide to The Social Media Cybersphere
Are you trying to implement a comprehensive social media campaign to promote your medical, aesthetic or wellness practice across multiple platforms and to the right audiences? Do you feel lost and unsure as to how to do this on your own?
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing will create an engagement strategy to build relationships with your customers, patients and followers on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and more. Then, we will track the progress, success, and engagement of the campaign’s key metrics to find out what’s working and what’s not – and make the necessary adjustments.
Here are some of the points your business will benefit from with a social media marketing for doctors management campaign designed specifically for you by Crystal Clear Digital Marketing:
• Strengthen your brand: There are millions of exchanges happening at once in social media. This means there are millions of opportunities to increase your practice’s reach and credibility. Crystal Clear will help you improve your image and make sure it is reaching the right audience with the right message.
• Build your client base: Every post on social media is an opportunity to connect with potential customers, clients, and patients. But while simply sharing promotions, ads, and products can feel like yelling into a crowded room, we will work to leverage your social media to reach your audience directly and will ensure that your message will not go unheard or unseen.
• Make it easy to connect with customers and patients: Your patients and clients are the most critical piece of your business. Let us help you build better relationships and stay connected through social media platforms as well as by text and email marketing.
• Turn your customers into loyal fans: Social media is where the conversations are. Let us create a plan to post regularly on your Facebook and Twitter accounts and keep you in touch with both existing and potential clients and patients.
• Keep an eye out for your listings and reviews: Your practice’s online reputation can make or break you. We manage your listings across the web and stay on top of your social networks.
This just scratches the surface when it comes to all of the ways we can help you. Exploring the world of social media marketing is not for the faint of heart. It takes a particular kind of perseverance and dedication to see results. This isn’t because social media sites are teaming up with organizations who are good at it either. Thousands are doing the same thing, and all that content eventually becomes nothing more than white noise to consumers.
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing in Orlando can be your social media partner and help you be heard through all this noise. To learn more about getting your social media marketing campaign started, contact us today and find out how we can help you get the results your medical and wellness practice needs.