Did you know that the first Youtube video was uploaded nine years ago this week? Yes, on April 23 Jawed Karim made his Internet
screen debut, not to mention Internet history, with a 19-second video called “Me at the Zoo.”
Today, your practice can make its own history if you incorporate video into your marketing plan. How so? By meeting your social patients where they are; that is to say, on-line, watching videos.
Consider these facts:
- 188.2 million people in the US watched 52.4 billion online content videos in the month of December 2013 ALONE.
- The average American spent more than 19 hours watching online video content in that same month (Comscore, 2013).
- More than half of 25-54 year olds share video online.
Not surprisingly, digital marketers are standing up and taking note of these trends. Again, consider the following facts from E-Marketer:
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors.
- More than half of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best return on investment.
- Online video is the fastest growing ad format in 2012 with nearly 55% growth.
- One out of four marketers use video in email campaigns, and more would use video – if they could get the content.
Still doubt that a video strategy can work for you? Just think about this:
According to Mashup, a little more than 18 months after Youtube uploaded its first video, Google – a company known for anticipating future trends in tech – bought the company to the tune of $1.63 billion.
While you might not be in the same stratosphere as Google, you too should stand up and pay attention. Internet video is here to stay. What’s more, if you’re smart – and let us help you – you can use video as a powerful digital tool to find, serve and keep your social patients more easily and profitably.
All you need to do is call us.