Using Medical Practice Management Software to Increase Your Marketing ROI
It’s all about data. In today’s highly saturated and competitive aesthetic marketplace, practices can’t depend on a website to magically bring new patients through their doors. If you are running an elective medical practice in the 21st century, we have news for you. It takes so much more than that. Take a minute to think about everything you as a practice owner manage on a daily basis, operationally. Now, let’s take it a step further and think about how much you have to manage digitally if you are responsible for your practice’s marketing efforts.
This can become overwhelming for practice owners, especially if they aren’t leveraging the right medical practice management software. Your digital marketing can be viewed as a separate business within a business — and at the end of the day, the goal of your practice is to find, serve, and keep more patients profitably.
Having the right medical practice management software, sales process, and marketing strategy is key. But these components also cannot function without the right leadership, priorities, people, processes, and tools. The most successful practices in the world understand this.
As a national speaker and sales executive for Crystal Clear, I hear firsthand the frustration medical professionals often experience when it comes to their practice management software and their marketing. More often than not, I hear something along the lines of, “I feel like I am throwing money into a black hole.” Unfortunately, this is the sad truth if a practice doesn’t have the right tools in place to measure, manage, and track results from their marketing initiatives. It is a systemic issue that exists across the board in digital marketing, and so often, I will hear frustrating questions such as:
- What am I actually getting?
- How do I know it’s working?
- What is working and what is not?
- What is the return on investment for all of this?
On the flipside, while traveling the country, I also hear comments such as:
- I have 50k+ followers on social media.
- I make $10 million in revenue.
- I don’t need to track my leads.
- We have the best staff.
No matter what side you relate to more, we all need to consider one thing: It’s all about data. If we as practice owners want to grow and scale our businesses, we need to find the most efficient way possible to maximize and streamline our efforts. Having the right medical practice management software that has the ability to track our marketing data is step one.
4 Tips to Steer Your Marketing in the Right Direction with Medical Practice Management Software
- Consider an all-inclusive marketing CRM and practice management software that tracks everything. There is no shortage of CRM tools and medical practice management software solutions in today’s digital age. So what differentiates the good platforms from the great platforms? It’s all about finding a software that can be integrated with your practice’s marketing efforts. Two birds – one stone. This will not only save you money in the long-run, but it will also help increase efficiency in your practice.
- Ensure your medical practice management software is fit for your industry. So many vendors provide generic solutions, catering to businesses like pizza shops and dog parlors. Try to research CRM and practice management tools that are designed specifically for the elective medical industry, such as Crystal Clear’s Social Patient Center.
- Capturing and recording all inbound phone calls is a must. If your practice management software is not recording the phone calls coming into your practice on a daily basis, you have some homework to do. In order to truly measure your marketing and staff’s performance, you need to be paying attention to your practice’s phone processes. After all, 80 percent of all business is either won or lost on the phone. This is mission critical when it comes to choosing the right practice management software. Most importantly, it’s revenue critical!
- Does your practice management software automate the patient communication? This is another component that is so vital when it comes to choosing the right medical practice CRM solution. If you aren’t consistently following up with potential patients both digitally and over the phone, then how do you ever expect to convert them into a paying patient? Choose a practice management software that can send automatic email follow-ups to prospective patients in order to move them along to the next conversion step in your sales process. Ultimately, these steps involve inquiry to consult, consult booked to consult complete, and consult complete to booked treatment/active patient.
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing offers a fully-integrated medical practice management software called the Social Patient Center. Please contact us today to learn more. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you find, serve, and keep more patients profitably!
Corey M. Auger
National Speaker & Sales Executive