This weekend, I went and saw the movie San Andreas featuring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. First of all, it was totally predictable, but a lot of fun! I do not regret seeing it on the big screen and if you have the time go check it out. It also just so happened to be the biggest movie this week in Hollywood grossing more than $53,000,000!
In the movie, there is an earthquake of 9+ on the Richter Scale and most of California is in complete ruin. Even though they had discovered a way to predict earthquakes, it is virtually impossible to be prepared for an earthquake of that magnitude. I don’t want to spoil the movie for you, so I’ll say no more about it. However, there are mini earthquakes in our businesses that we must “listen” to in order to have a plan in place and a strategy in case “the big one” actually comes.
Well what are some “mini” earthquakes that are typically ignored in most small businesses and medical practices?
- Assuming that everyone knows who you are and what you do
- Assuming that your existing patients or customers are completely satisfied with your practice
- Assuming that your employees know what they are doing when answering the phone and talking to your patients or customers
- Assuming that your employees have a strategy to capture and record contact information including email, mobile phone etc
- Assuming that your employees know exactly what to say to build value in your practice or business
- Assuming that your digital marketing strategy is working to its fullest capacity
- Assuming that your satisfied patients and customers are posting positive reviews on their experiences
- Assuming that your unsatisfied patients or customers will just look the other way and not share their negative experiences
- Assuming that prospective customers or patients will just look the other way when reading negative reviews
- Assuming that ALL OF THE ABOVE will just take care of itself!
When you put all of these “mini” earthquakes together, what do you get? That’s right “The Big One!”
There is only one way to make sure this doesn’t happen to you. Are you ready for the tip? Here it goes:
YOU as the OWNER, DOCTOR or MANAGER of the business or practice MUST TAKE CONTROL and put very specific action items in place to deal with each and every “mini” earthquake listed above! You can not delegate this to another person either. IT MUST BE YOU! Nobody cares more about your business and practice more than you and therefore you must make it YOUR priority to make sure that you have a clearly defined, DOCUMENTED process to deal with each and every one of the above items.
Oh and if you need help then I have some good news for you. Crystal Clear Digital Marketing can absolutely help you with all things digital and with your people, your process and the tools you and your employees use to help you Find, Serve & Keep more patients and clients…profitably.
Give us a call or email us today! We would love to share actual case studies of practices who have “taken control” of these earthquakes and are working diligently on avoiding the “Big One.” We look forward to hearing from you today!